Tuesday 24 May 2011

It was 31st March since my last posting on here. Why? I think I needed a break, though having missed 8 weeks of my first year at Uni, I had one hell of a 'catch up' to get my work finished before 19th May. But I did it, and that's first year over with, and I think I've passed!

When I logged on for the first time since 31st March, I noticed that I had another follower, a lady called Daria had become my 30th follower. I was so chuffed and I wanted to thank her, so I went to her Blogg. Sadly she had since died of breast cancer and all I could read was the wonderful account of her life, and funeral. A very sad moment of reflection, how precious life is and how sudden it can end. Thank you so much Daria for taking the time out to think of me, even though we never met. x

On the way to the support group meeting in Carlisle last week, I got done for speeding! Doing 38mph in a 30mph zone. I reckon it was the 5th time I had been stopped in 40 years but the first time that I had not been able to talk my way out of it. I opted for the 'speed awareness' course which will cost me £74 but save me a fine and 3 points on my license. I hold my hand up, guilty as charged.

Oh how I want to tell you about that drive to Barcelona and back, but I am aware that what can seem very exciting to me could bore the pants off others :-) It was faaannnttaasticcc though!

I went to my 44th Army reunion on 7th May! It was like being with a load of old men but hey, I was one of them. We were all great though and they all cheered like hell when I walked in. After the Cancer diagnosis, I'm not sure if they thought I would make it :-)

So tomorrow, the dreaded day comes around again and I go for the next PSA test. I will probably get the result after the weekend and anything under .03 will make me punch the air and run out screaming. Then it's off down to Addenbrookes with the result to meet my hero, Nimish Shah for the 6 month after surgery check up. How can you possibly thank a guy enough who has saved your life?

The blog still gets between 20 and 30 hits a day which is great, and the overall hits total is over 8,000 now which I could never have imagined at the start. Only 24 days until the 1st anniversary of my diagnosis....since then another 10,000 men have died from this disease. I am lucky, and I will continue my work of support, to help the thousands who are not doing as well as I am, and in promoting awareness, to those who still think, "it couldn't happen to me"!

Me at Lourdes

Knackered in Gaudi Park

Sagrada Familia-You will NEVER be inside a more impressive building

Our hotel in Barcelona-We were in the room  on the bit bulging out!!

Beverley with her yacht in Monaco!

Notre Dame

Me showing off in Barcelona!

Lunch at Le Train Bleu

No comments:

Post a Comment