Monday 2 August 2010

Well yipeeee! My appointment came in the post this morning! When is it you ask? Tuesday 24th August! What? Well after my MDT meeting on 15th July, they had said about 1 to 2 weeks for feedback; this is 5 weeks. Do I take this as a positive sign, that the news is so good and non urgent, that it can wait? All my past appointments have been in 'Urology', this one is in 'Medical and Surgical'. Well not knowing I first phoned my consultants secretary: just rings and rings, no pick up. Then the urology nurses: ansaphone "we will get back to you", they won't. The Duty Macmillan Nurse: ansaphone "we'll get back to you", they might, but I don't think they will have any answers. So what do you think Sue/Mags? Will try again tomorrow I suppose but on current experience, if you get something bad, don't get it in Cumbria. Having said that it is the loveliest county in England.

Thanks Cynthia and David K for all your groundwork in the past few days, it's so great knowing I have some troops on the ground fighting for me. Also Luci, Sasha, Nikki, Jean & Paul S for your support. Thanks also to everyone who has phoned, e mail and texted with good wishes and inviting me out; it really helps. Got Beverley's sister Wendy here today and her son George. She's someone I've always liked, you can have a bloody good laugh with her; a very animated character I would say!

Well another day passes and hey, I feel great! Long may it last and can't wait for the start of the new academic year.

I heard this today, I love it......'People won't remember exactly what you said, or what you did, but they will remember how you made them feel'. So true, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. well, well, well! I hear good things...and strangely just what I predicted to Sasha, even down to the next appointment!The 24th has good portents, I'll be under the knife that day, so we can be mutually supportive! As to that shitey hospital, call PALS, don't let this happen to anyone else....and find out exactly what the deal is with the 'support' nurses. S

    ReplyDelete